Exercises are very much crucial to be fit and healthy. This is because the more we will keep ourselves busy in the workouts, the more we will be stress-free and have a sound sleep. But what if you are planning to have steroids for building up your muscle?
Will you be able to enjoy your life like ever before taking the steroids? The answer is a big no. You will get to know about this in detail as we will discuss natural bodybuilding vs. steroids in this article.
You will only need to do exercises in natural bodybuilding, but steroids need to be injected or taken orally to grow those bulky muscles. Take a moment to be with us as it is better to be safe than sorry.
What is Natural Bodybuilding?
By the word natural bodybuilding, you must be understanding that it is a natural process of building up the body. However, bodybuilding refers to specific exercises that will help to grow muscle, strength, and power. Besides this, it is essential to follow a proper diet plan and take enough rest.
Getting a macho body is also possible by doing exercises at home. You will just need to have the desire and essential tools like dumble. As a beginner, you can buy a 5 kg dumble to avoid any accident. And within time, you will have a broad chest, wide shoulder, bulky arm, narrow waist, and stout legs like a perfect bodybuilder.
Furthermore, you will need lots of energy to perform exercises. And a good source of energy may come from fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid fat and oily food and intake more water for proper hydration.
What is Steroid?
The other name of steroid is corticosteroids, and it is a natural hormone found in the human body. However, the steroid that humans make in the laboratory is known as anabolic steroids. So during this procedure, a male sex hormone named testosterone is used.
Afterward, athletes and bodybuilders use these steroids to improve and increase their physique. Men mostly take this steroid as it is made from the male sex hormone.
Other than this, when there is a cut or wound on the skin, a liquid substance is produced by our immune system to fight that infection. But if the liquid substance is made in a large amount, it will not be helpful and must be treated sooner.
Therefore, corticosteroids can serve the purpose by stop spreading the inflammation. So, it can be said that the corticosteroid is an anti-inflammatory substance. Besides, asthma, skin rashes, arthritis, and other issues can also be treated through it.
Kinds of Steroids
Generally, two kinds of steroids can be found in a pharmacy. These are corticosteroids and anabolic steroids.
Again, corticosteroids are divided into five classes:
Anabolic steroids are also divided into three classes:
- Performance steroids- strength and energy
- Bulking steroids- building muscles
- Cutting steroids- burning fat
Natural Bodybuilding vs Steroids: Ultimate Differences
There are a number of differences between natural bodybuilders and steroid bodybuilders. This is because their lifestyle, exercise, diet chart, and some other context are somewhat too entirely different. Below is a chart that will tell you about the complete differences between them.
Main Source Of Muscle
|· By lifting heavyweights
· maintaining a healthy diet
· Taking adequate rest
|· Anabolic steroids like Dianabol, Nandrolone, Winstrol, and others|
|· A different form of exercises||· Ointment
|· Strong muscle
· Long-lasting muscle
· Sound sleep
· Makes metabolism faster
· Reduces blood pressure
· Controls cholesterol level
· Increases bone density
· Reduces fat
· Improves the texture of the skin
· Reduces the stress level
|· Weight gain
· Reduces fat
· Bulky muscle
· Increases stamina
· Increases red blood cell
· Increases appetite
· Faster recovery rate
· Can perform in competitions
|· It takes time to grow muscle
· Does not have more muscle like the steroid bodybuilders
|· Short term result
· Changes in physical appearance
· High cholesterol
· High blood pressure
· Heart attack and stroke
· Kidney failure
· Liver damage
· Mood swing
|Through natural bodybuilding, a person may live a long life without any issue.||The death rate is high among the people who take steroids. Moreover, they need to visit medical more frequently.|
|Only 20 to 25% of people in the bodybuilding industry depend on natural bodybuilding.||Around 55% of people in the bodybuilding industry rely upon steroids.|
Which One is The Better Option?
Natural is always better, whether it is food or bodybuilding procedure. Moreover, it might take an adequate amount of time to show the result; but natural things should not be underestimated. One will remain fit and healthy if they intake and follow the natural foods and processes, respectively.
After going through the above differences, you might have noticed that steroids’ disadvantages are more than natural bodybuilding. However, the cons of natural bodybuilding are not a significant issue; instead, they are right in the other sense. And although steroids have several advantages, you are sure to suffer in the long run after having this.
In a nutshell, it can be said that if you are wise enough, you will surely choose natural bodybuilding over steroids.
Exercises for Natural Bodybuilding
As we are a wellwisher of yours, we want you to know about the exercises through which you can be a natural bodybuilder. Moreover, it will be of great benefit for the beginners who are trying to avoid the steroid.
However, as our body is divided into two parts, the exercises should also be done according to that. Be with us to know it more adequately.
Upper Body Exercises
Shoulders, chest, back, biceps, triceps, and waist are our upper body parts. Each of these should be targeted to get more muscles. Therefore, the specific exercises for the upper body parts are:
- Half and full push-ups: Do 20 to 30 push-ups while keeping your hands apart. This will help to broaden your shoulder.
- Plank: Start with 10 to 15 minutes plank. It is useful and increases the stability of the arm muscle.
- Bicep curl: Take 10 or 15 kgs weight to make 10-15 times bicep curl.
- Bench press: Hold 10 kg on each hand or 20 kg on both hands to do 5 to 8 reps at a time.
- Barbell rows: Take 20 kg. Do 5 to 8 reps non-stop without a pause.
- Side lateral raises: Smoothly lift a dumbbell of 10 kg, placing it on both hands.
- Triceps push-downs: Stand straight and pull down the thread for 10-15 reps.
- Chain ups: Do chain ups for a minimum of 20 to 30 reps with a strong rod’s help.
- Overhead barbell press: Keeping parallel to your chest, hold 15 kg weight to push it upward. Do it for 10-15 reps.
- Seated cable row: Sit straight and pull the thread toward your chest. Repeat it for 10-15 reps.
- Chest dumble fly: Hold5kg on both of your hands to spread it like a fly. Do it for 10-15 reps.
- Riding rope: Hold the two strings tightly and bend a bit forward. Continue riding it for at least 2 minutes.
- Resistance weight lifting on the waist: Wear the resistance on the abdomen. Now do sit-ups by grabbing the two gym cycle’s handle. Additionally, do not forget to keep your legs bent.
Lower Body Exercise
You need to include the lower body within the upper body in the workout plan. If only one of them is given emphasis, you might not look fit and healthy. Therefore, the exercises for the lower body parts are:
- Squats: Take 10 or 15 kg and widen your legs. Do squats 15 to 20 times. But if you are completely a beginner, do it without any weight.
- Lunges: Make lunges 20 to 30 times.
- Leg press: Put the weight according to your preference. Next, with that load, press your legs upward. Repeat it until you feel the pain.
- Deadlift: Take 10 or 15 kg and do deadlifts 15 to 20 times.
- Leg curls: Set the weight according to your preference and do leg curls.
- Crunches: Make some crunches until you feel the pain.
- Calf raises: You can do it either by standing or sitting. However, do the calf raise 15 to 20 times.
The Final Takeaway
Everybody wants to build their muscle, whether naturally or by taking steroids. But most people choose steroids over natural bodybuilding to get fast results. Many do not even know the risky side-effects of steroids that he might be going to face in the long run.
But by selecting the natural way, one can enjoy and keep himself aloof from the hospital except for some significant issues. As you have already learned about natural bodybuilding vs. steroids from the above information with all the advantages and disadvantages, you can decide by yourself which one is beneficial for your health.
Choose the one with your knowledge, although we have already commented on it in the “Which One Is The Better Option” para. If you have not noticed it carefully, go and check it out to get our answer.